FAQs and what you need to know
This page gets into some of the nitty-gritty you may already be wondering. If your question isn’t covered, please email me at: Sandra@WordCentral.ca.
What kind of copywriting do you do?
I write lead generation content and marketing copy for technology, software, healthcare and medical device companies. I also write newsletters for professional service providers. Because of my ecommerce background, I occasionally write B2C content when the right opportunity presents itself.
What have you written about?
Topics vary but include: big data, storage and solutions, medical imaging software, omni-channel platforms, website optimization, infrastructure security and DevOps implementation.
What sets you apart from other B2B Copywriters?
- Most copywriters don’t have a combined marketing and ecommerce background. I have both, so clients benefit from a seasoned professional who can reach and engage target audiences through traditional and online media.
- My ecommerce experience isn’t limited to writing and publishing. I also actively tested and evaluated site architecture, so I’m familiar with what happens behind the scenes and how to optimize a website for lead generation and usability.
- As a Certified SEO Copywriter, I help clients stay on top of the latest search engine changes to ensure their content is always on target.
- I’m bilingual, so if you ever need to translate your copy to reach the French Canadian market, I can help.
What’s your usual process?
- I typically kick things off with a call to capture project details and the client’s objectives and timeline.
- I study the creative brief and all existing content, collateral, or other background information.
- When writing case studies or white papers, I submit interview questions to the client ahead of time and make any changes to fit the project’s angle and objectives.
- After reviewing all the information and interviewing the subject(s), I create a first draft and submit it to the client for feedback.
- Following client input, I integrate any structural changes, omissions or additions into the second draft.
The process typically ends after I submit the second draft, but if more editing is required, I work with clients to complete the project to their satisfaction.
I have a tight deadline to meet. Can you get started on my project right away?
Depending on the scope of the work, your budget and my schedule, it may be possible. Just contact me to tell me more.
What kind of turnaround time can I expect?
Most small or mid-size projects need 2-4 business days for each draft. All projects include two rounds of major revisions and one round of minor revisions, so it depends on the scope of work. It also depends on the client’s availability.
Do you design, too?
No, I don’t, but I can refer you to a graphic designer. By the way, here’s where you can browse some writing samples.
I’ve already done my SEO research and just need you to write the copy and integrate the keywords and phrases. Can you do that?
Yes, I can write your copy with your chosen keywords and phrases.
How much do you charge?
I charge a flat rate per project, based on project requirements. Contact me for a rate sheet.
Do you ask for money up front?
A 50% deposit is required for the first project from new clients.